Project Notice: 2 February 2018
Site mobilization began on January 22, 2018.
On January 31, physical construction began with the initial driving of pilings at the site.
Project Notice: 10 January 2018
Pre-construction activities are nearing completion. The Project expects construction activities to commence in earnest by February 1.
Initial construction activities will include:
- Completion of site preparation activities
- Commence installation of augur cast piling to support the large equipment foundations
- Commence placement of the large equipment foundations
- Commence receipt of materials and equipment to be incorporated into the Project
All construction personnel and material deliveries will enter the site from Freezer Road except for some large pieces of equipment which will be delivered by barge from the Cape Cod Canal.
Construction Milestone Schedule
The Project anticipates achieving the following construction milestones:
- Commencement of On-Site Construction: Q1 2018
- Initial Synchronization to the Grid: Q2 2019
- Substantial Completion: Q3 2019
- Final Completion: Q3 2019
Peak construction activities are expected to occur in the late summer and early fall of 2018.
Site Construction Hours
Normal site construction work will take place between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday. During placement of large foundations (one of the initial construction activities noted above), continuous delivery and placement of concrete is required. Appropriate notice will be provided prior to commencement of these activities.